Saturday, January 14, 2012

Product Review: Derisi Racing's Honda TRX450R Long Travel Linkage

For some of my blog posts, I'd like to give information about the products I use and why I like them. The after-market accessories I use definitely allow me to do well by making my machine perform the best that it can.


I'll start with Derisi Racing's Honda TRX450R Long Travel Linkage. I used this linkage on my Honda all year and really like it's performance. The great thing about this linkage is that it can be used with a stock swing arm. There are a lot of advantages with this. Stock swing arms are lighter than after-market swing arms and I've never heard of someone breaking a stock swing arm. I personally have used after market linkage/swing arm combos and had a lot of trouble with breaking the after-market swing arms, which are not cheap. This linkage can save $500-700 by not requiring the after-market swing arm, and that's not counting replacement swing arms.

Snowshoe GNCC 2011

I ran this linkage in many really rocky races where the linkage took a real beating, but it never showed signs of stress. It also has a replaceable stainless steel skidplate, but I've not had to replace that all year. Neither have any of the riders testing out this product.

IMG_1710_web

From experience, I can say that this linkage provides a better result than the after market linkage/swing arm combos. Suspension-wise, it is comparable, but the added benefit of a lighter, more durable swing arm make it a better setup all around.

If you liked this post, comment and let me know. If there is something else you'd like me to talk about on this blog, leave me a comment or email me at HurricaneHoyland@gmail.com.

1 comment:

  1. I enjoy dirt bike riding, reading classic literature, impressionist art, traveling, and music.
    Flights to Abidjan

    ReplyDelete