Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Product Review: HMF Exhaust

It's pretty obvious that HMF is a leading ATV exhaust brand at the GNCC races. Just look at the start each race, and you'll see an HMF exhaust on lots of bikes. I've been running HMF exhausts since 2006, or basically my entire GNCC career. From B class to Pro-Am, HMF has been my go-to exhaust company, and here's why.


We have been running the Competition Series for a '06-'10 Honda TRX 450R. It is a lightweight exhaust that has smooth power from bottom to top. They have 3 stage inserts that offer different power/decibel levels. Which makes the pipe versitile to meet decibel requirements at some riding parks/races, but allows you to maximize power when needed. It is a good-looking exhuast and they offer a variety of colors for it. Some of you may have seen the pink exhausts HMF was putting on bikes at the Ironman for breast cancer awareness month.


HMF is very easy to get ahold of and work with. I've never had any trouble dealing with them when we need something in the 6 years I've been running their products. They had many different levels of sponsorship when I was starting out riding, and I was able to get some help even as a new B class rider. I don't know what the sponsorship situation is now, due to the economic issues everyone is dealing with, but I've always felt like they really care about the riders that use their products and want to help out if and when they can.


Georgia 2011


I don't know what their schedule will be for the 2012 series, but in previous years, they have often been at the nationals to deliver and pick up exhausts. Unlike most other exhaust companies, their office is in Ohio, close to most GNCC racers, so you can get what you need fast.

If you'd like to hear about any other products I use, let me know in a comment or at HurricaneHoyland@gmail.com. If you like this blog, become a follower!

1 comment: