Saturday, February 18, 2012

The Outback, Laurinburg, NC

This weekend starts the Mideast Hare Scramble Series, with the Outback in Laurinburg, NC. There should be a pretty good pro turnout for this race, some guys on their way down to Florida hit this race, and some people will travel up from Florida. It is a sandy race, which makes it good pre-Florida practice without traveling all the way to Florida.

We are making some shock changes to the bike from last weekend's race, but other than that the bike is staying the same. To get ready for the race, I am going to be getting new tires ready with TireBalls.

It looks like this race has the makings for a Hoyland family reunion, since my wife will be traveling with me and my parents will be moving down to South Carolina this week and are going to try and make it to the race.

So far the weather is calling for rain, which is not good sign. I've never rode in sand while it's raining, but I've heard it's not exactly fun.

If you're planning on coming to the race, here are some Laurinburg links:
Weather for the weekend,
Directions to race
Directions to town of Laurinburg from your location,
Hotels and area information (restaurants, etc.)

If you like this blog, become a follower and subscribe to email updates. Leave comments on the blog, Facebook, or email me at HurricaneHoyland@gmail.com with questions or if you want more information about something I talk about.

No comments:

Post a Comment